On Saturday night I…
- Forgot to eat dinner (possibly in part due to the fact that I only had crackers and Apple Cider for lunch. Also possibly a large part of the cause of the ensuing dumb stuff)
- Insisted my new friends all play Slap Cup, but then refused to let them slap their own cups.
I may have control issues.
- Attempted to converse with a dog in German. I don’t speak German. But somehow I figured out enough German in order to ask the dog in German “Do you speak Dog?” (“Sprechen Sie Hund?”)
- Applied for multiple jobs teaching English in Korea because I was furious that no one would let me listen to Kpop
- Downloaded and signed up for Kakao Talk (which is apparently the Korean version of Line/Whatsapp).
- Clearly I was anticipating needing Kakao talk in order to be able to communicate with all the new pals I will immediately have in Korea when I get all of the jobs that I applied for…
- Judging by the sheer quantity of emails and text messages from Kakao Talk on my phone, signing up was an incredibly arduous process — So I don’t really want to delete it after it took so much effort to sign up in the first place!
- Tried to email the Spanish Embassy in Wellington to let them know that I would be returning to Spain in the near future (luckily I was stopped by my friend, for which I will be forever grateful)
- Messaged a person that I barely know saying “OMG FACEBOOK FACEBOOK“. Then tried to trick myself into thinking that I hadn’t done this by deleting the message from my inbox. Unfortunately, Sober Me remembered everything. Also unfortunately, I am not confident that this is the only message I sent.
- Somehow found the aforementioned person on Facebook and added them as a friend. Then I realised that I don’t know him well enough, that this could only possibly be interpreted as creepy, and quickly rescinded my invitation. But the problem is that I have no concept of the amount of time that passed between me sending the invite and deleting the invite.
- There is a slim chance that this happened within 5 minutes or less. If this was the case then I am glad because chances are he wouldn’t have seen it.
- It was potentially several hours between friend request/un-friend request, meaning that he almost definitely saw it and now knows that I am insane enough to have found him on Facebook.
- Sent this amazing email out to as many people in my address book as I could find. I signed it with a Unicorn emoji.
- Sent an audio recording of myself eating a cracker to a friend on the other side of the world. Because for some reason I thought that they urgently needed to hear a recording of myself eating a cracker.
- Instagrammed this photo while attempting to spend the night on a trampoline in a campground. It was too cold for me to be out there very long.
All in all it was a fairly uneventful but pleasant evening. I met a girl who read our Unicorn Oracle Cards. My reading was overwhelmingly positive.
Blogging about this saves me from trying to convince my future progeny and all my descendants that I wasn’t a total hooligan. I was in bed by 10.30pm and asleep by midnight (after sending out all of my South Korean job applications).
If I ever get up to any raucous or actually interesting antics, I will let you know…